Software Engineer, Backend
Remote, (AMER) - Platform - Full-Time
PolyScale is changing how databases are distributed and scaled. Our mission is to make data-driven apps faster by simplifying global caching for developers. If you are passionate about developer experiences, data performance and are a curious problem solver, join us.
We’re a small (<10), Series Seed funded and fully-remote team that’s engineering heavy. We fully embody principles of servant leadership.
We’re a fast-growing PaaS bringing on our founding engineering team with equity to help us design and scale. As a Backend Software Engineer you will develop platforms, services and tools to tackle a variety of challenges related to caching, analytics, data distribution, machine learning, security and access control. You will have an opportunity to make key technical decisions which help define the future of the PolyScale platform, shaping how we build and scale.
What you will be doing:
- Developing the core underlying services that power a global, low latency data distribution platform
- Contributing to all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Devise solutions to performance and scalability challenges as our customer demands grow
What you will bring along:
- 2+ years of experience writing software for distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent experience in those fields.
- Experience writing with a statically typed language such as Rust, C++, etc
- Solid understanding of web service architecture, systems and how they fit together such as: http clients, DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies, CDNs, application servers, databases, and caches
- Experience with database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDb etc)
What would be great:
- Experience in designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems using technologies like Kafka
- Experience with caching strategies
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- Remote working (AMER timezone)
- Early-stage company - true ownership over your work
- A great work-life balance
PolyScale Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this role, please email with your resume and LinkedIn profile.